Thursday, March 09, 2006

Three day Investigation DAY TWO

posted on Feb 16, 06

Day two
Assignment: Bring a recording device of your choice and record bits and pieces of what occurs.

Sound file #1: in front of the exsit of Kamiyacho station click here!
noisy noisy noisy...

Sound file #2: at the back street(rec#2 on the map) click here!
much more quiet that the main street...but still we can here some noise of cars.

Sound file#3: at the Buddhist temple click here!
quiet, we can here birds singing.

*All recordings have done in same mic level.

In Second day I tried to get into to the town deeper.
I go through not only main street but also back street. Then, I realized that Kamiyacho is not a town for businessmen.

Behind the tall buildings, there are a lot of small houses.
I couldn’t see these houses from main street because buildings made a wall and hide these houses.



Many houses are made of wood, and looks really old, and some of them are ruin.
I could not believe that there are ruins in the center of Tokyo. Kamiyacho is close to Toranomon and Nagatacho where the center of Japanese politics and administration. Also it is close to Roppongi. It is very convenient place, and I am sure a lot of people want to live in Kamiyacho. I was surprised and wondered why these became ruin.


Pic:ruin


Then, I found a Buddhist temple. Usually Japanese people do not go to Temple without reasons. But a signboard said “open terrace, you are welcome to come in”, so I get in. This temple opens their big terrace to anyone who comes to Kamiyacho. People were having lunch at the terrace.


Pic:the terrace


What I surprised the most at the temple is sound. It was very quiet, and I could here singing of birds even the temple is really close to main street. It was just like I am in other place.

That was my second day. I found the another face of Kamiyacho in this day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home