Thursday, March 09, 2006

Three day Investigation DAY ONE

posted on Feb 16, 06
For this exercises, I chose Kamiyacho area where a lot of office buildings are.
The reason I chose Kamiyacho is because I was working at Swedish embassy last year, and I often used Kamiyacho station to go to the embassy.
At first, I thought that only businessmen go to Kamiyacho because there are only offices; however, after I walk through the town, I found another faces of Kamiyacho.


Pic from Google earth


Day one
Assignment: Find a space that interests you. Take only journal. Record your observations about what occurs, who enters and exits the space.

Here are things I found. (based on my notes)

On the cross in front of the station/ 12:30 p.m.
-What I can see are only people who wear suit.
-People are always alone, or group of two/three.
-Some people walk with talking to cell phone.
-Men>Women.
-People come from exit of station and go into each building.
-High traffic density.
-I can see buildings, convenience stores, and restaurants for lunch.

In the starbucks (it is small starbucks)/ 1:00 p.m.-There are 6 people who are alone and two groups.
-One group (5 people) seems having business meeting, they are talking about layout of a magazine.
-Another group (3 ladies) seems just chatting.
-Person next me: reading a book
-Person next me(other side): working? with laptop
-8 Men, 6 Women

Then I went through the main street (blue line) by bicycle. There was nothing special. I saw businessmen, buildings, businesswomen, buildings…

My Impression of Kamiyacho on day one: Kamiyacho is a place for businessmen. There are office buildings and restaurants for lunch.



Pic: View of main street

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home